Bienvenidos a la mente de Loretta!
As some of you may know, I'm spending the next nine weeks down under in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Overall, my goals are to learn as much Spanish (a.k.a. Castellano) as possible; learn about Argentine history and their national cinema; and have fun/survive!
Due to popular request and a simply brilliant idea, I'm going to do my best to maintain a journal via this here blog. I hope to share what's happening here with the ones I love and miss back home. But I'll also be using this space to keep a log of my experiences and thoughts for my own record and use later. So- you've been warned, some of this may not be interesting.
You are free to peruse my long-winded ramblings here. Read at your own risk - I'm sure that they'll be plenty of grammar and spelling mistakes. Plus, we all know how my mind works - so of course I'll be jumping around a lot, but I'll do my best to keep it organized.
Also feel free to comment and PLEASE keep me up to date with what's going on with you too!
P.S. check back often, I will be updating frequently (assuming I figure out a more permanent internet connection situation)!!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Holdin' On
anyway- i really like photos. i think they're the easiest thing for me to share. and i've been wanting to do this forever... and now that i FINALLY have internet where I'm living, I was able to upload my photos from my first week here with my mother (feels like a lifetime ago!). I made comments on all of the photos with my ramblings and a bit of a history lesson as well. you can read them by clicking on the thought bubble in the lower left hand corner.
the photos are in order of our explorations: the first major bunch is of a city tour we did. the next bunch is of a sunday walk we did through san telmo to the plaza de mayo... finally, there are a few pictures from our boat trip up to tigre... a city farther up the coast from buenos aires. it's a popular escape since it's only a 30 minute train ride.
since then- things have been going reasonably well and very low-key. i've changed apartments. i've been to uruguay (no worries. next bunch of photos are on the way). i traveled to the north of the country to visit the Iguazu Falls... i'm almost finished with my spanish/castellano classes. and as of yesterday, i started taking my research project seriously.
there's a lot that i still have to share with you... so hopefully i'll be glued to my computer over the next few days and you'll just get a constant stream of updates. but i have two requests:
1) remember to keep me updated on the happenings up north!! (a few of you have been doing a great job. u know who you are. and i appreciate it.)
2) if you'd like a postcard, i'd love to send one! please email me your address and it shall be done.
suerte y les extraño!
No comments:
Post a Comment