Bienvenidos a la mente de Loretta!
As some of you may know, I'm spending the next nine weeks down under in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Overall, my goals are to learn as much Spanish (a.k.a. Castellano) as possible; learn about Argentine history and their national cinema; and have fun/survive!
Due to popular request and a simply brilliant idea, I'm going to do my best to maintain a journal via this here blog. I hope to share what's happening here with the ones I love and miss back home. But I'll also be using this space to keep a log of my experiences and thoughts for my own record and use later. So- you've been warned, some of this may not be interesting.
You are free to peruse my long-winded ramblings here. Read at your own risk - I'm sure that they'll be plenty of grammar and spelling mistakes. Plus, we all know how my mind works - so of course I'll be jumping around a lot, but I'll do my best to keep it organized.
Also feel free to comment and PLEASE keep me up to date with what's going on with you too!
P.S. check back often, I will be updating frequently (assuming I figure out a more permanent internet connection situation)!!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
In the Sun
This is a photo of the sun setting over Avenida Libertador... with Los Bosques de Palermo on the right. I was planning on returning there today, but I overslept and then we had a plumbing problem with the toilet that left me chained to the apartment as I awaited the arrival of the plomero (plumber) to save the day. At least I got some much needed organizing, thinking and reading done...
Hopefully I'll do a bit better tomorrow and go for a nice walk around. With the number of alfajores I've consumed as of late, it's crucial that I do some physical activity other than reading and watching movies... not including my favorites: sleeping and eating.
p.s. in the BsAs tourism link above, there is a map of the Palermo parks and surrounding area. It's ridiculous how close I live to this, I hadn't noticed until yesterday... I live on Humbolt, one block above the intersection of Sante Fe and Bullrich. I don't know if I expressed this before, but I'm really pleased with my room choice; a block (and a half) away from the subway, along the major artery/boulevard Sante Fe that has colectivos (busses) going in practically every direction, but it's also residential and relaxing when you walk away from Sante Fe with tons of cute restaurants and bars scattered along the way... I don't know, it just feels like a prime spot to me. A bit far from El Centro and San Telmo, which is annoying and expensive if I ever have to take a taxi, but perfect for Palermo.
Okay, done rambling for now. Dinner time (pasta!) and then I'm off for a final night of dancing at my favorite/only boliche! LOST!
1 comment:
why would you be done rambling? your blog is called ramble on! love you!! cant wait to see you when i get back!
Post a Comment